Sunday, May 3, 2015

Reflective Post : Final

Final post for the Introduction to Technology for Teachers course. 

Photo found on Flickr credit to Sj Liew




During this semester I have enjoyed the challenges of this class. It has given me many tools that I intend to use in the future in my own classroom. Technology is really just another tool among the many that teachers already have ,but I never would have thought that so many different uses could be made with it.  This class has opened my eyes to many different ways that I can keep my class fresh for students and even parents. One of the two things that made this class so educational is the book obviously and the other is the lesson plan. The book, Transforming Learning with New Technologies has so much useful information that I plan to keep it and even recommend to my peers. My favorite chapter is eight, Communication and Collaboration with Social Media because after taking this class I've really come to appreciate collaboration in the classroom, I see the usefulness of having children working together.  The second reason why this was a very good class is the lesson plan. I really enjoyed this lesson plan especially the projects that not only taught me how to use technology but also made it interesting every single week. My favorite was the WebQuest project because it was so fun for me to really use my "creative bone". I may now have some bias toward using technology in my class but at least now I have information to support why I like a class that uses technology. Most importantly is that this class has given me a boost of confidence, and encouragement on my goal to become a future teacher.

Thank you for having me in your class.

Reference:

Maloy, R. (2011). Transforming learning with new technologies (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 2 - 315). Boston, Massachusetts: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment